Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gold investment

Salam,
Sebenar saya tidak berapa pasti sama ada saya membuat keputusan yang tepat. Saya telah menukarkan sebahagian wang simpanan saya kepada dinar emas (bukan lah saya ni banyak duit sangat...). The main justification is to protect my savings against inflation. Please consider these situations;

A) If I have RM730.00 (approximate price of 1 dinar) now and I still keep it in 10 years time, can I buy the same items that I bought now? Assuming I keep it in my Tabung Haji account with the dividend of 5% a year. Simple calculation; RM730 x 5% x 10 years = RM365. Plus RM730 then my money will be RM1095.  Then again I have to assume that the current financial world is not collapsing due to this "riba" system or no war at all.

B) If I buy 1 dinar now and I keep it for another 10 years, can I buy the same items that I bought now? FYI, the gold prices are keep on increasing. It is protecting any financial collapse or against war.

There are of course a couple of risks;
1) The risk of keeping the gold
2) It is not as liquid as cash.

Here comes the "what if" situation. What if I need the money immediately. In the short run, I'm risking of losing due to the selling n buying prices in the market. Actually gold is a long term investment not a short term one unless you are doing trading.

So, the possible solutions that I can think of are;

A) I have to be confidence the amount of money that I may not be used in the very near future. 
OR
B) I  can mortgage the dinar in Ar-Rahnu and pay some fee, take the cash and dump into my Tabung Haji. At least I will get the dividend yearly and the zakat is well taken care of. The only thing is I must be disciplined enough not to use the money unless it is necessary.

Anyway,what worry me most is.....apalah nak jawab kat akhirat nanti bila Allah tanya dari mana datang dan kemana di belanjakan! Perghhhh......gerenti berpeluh2 nak jawab. Orang2 yang miskin tentu tersenyum simpul sebab dorang dah masuk syurga 500 tahun awal dari kita! 1 Tahun akhirat bersamaan 1000 tahun dunia pulak tu. Ada brani?

Rasullullah bersabda;
"Kamu makan, kamu simpan dan kamu berikan sebagai sedekah" - [Hadith riwayat al-Muslim].


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails