Sunday, April 15, 2012

Old school vs new school

Salam,

Tak tahu kenapa saya tak suka approach seorang Ustaz kat TV yang menakut kan saya tentang satu solat sahaja yang sengaja kita tinggalkan, Allah tak terima semua amalan kita. Hey Ustaz...look, I'm not perfect. If that is the case, better I don't perform any solat. Because I know that sometimes I might miss my solat! Why should I bother to perform the rest because I already missed one. That was what crossed my mind if I were a young teenager.

Then I watched Reflection series in TV al-Hijrah. Imam Shuaib Webb says it in different way. Allah is the Most Merciful and Forgivefull! Even ALLAH forgives Adam alaihiwasalam right after he turned his back. Kita ni umat akhir zaman yang siang nya buat maksiat dan malam nya memohon taubat. Jadi jangan berputus asa dari rahmat dan pengampunan ALLAH. Bukan bermakna tak apa kalau kita berbuat maksiat. Kita kena kuatir kalau kita mati dan x sempat bertaubat.

Saya rasa hati kita lebih lunak jika kita di ingatkan tentang betapa pemurah, pengasih dan pengampun nya ALLAH.(This is what normally the Christian Missionaries do!) So, I think next time it is much better for me to remind my children what ALLAH likes and loves most of the times than talking about azab ALLAH. It is necessary to talk about azab ALLAH but in an appropriate manner only.

Well ...it is about time to change our approach.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails