Monday, June 28, 2010

Forgiving Others


One of my friend's status in the Facebook;

Ada org suruh tanya.. Perlukah kita add org yg pernah menghuru harakan hidup kita d dlm friend list kita bila kita mula bangkit dari perasaan down kita atas perbuatan dia terhadap kita! My personal... "thanks but no thank!".. What about U?

My simple comment;

If you want to learn how to be happy...learn to be forgiving first. People changed, give chance as much as u expect people to give u chance....just a piece of my mind. Good luck! :) Peace...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you realise that forgiving others is actually for our own sake? Thru the course of my life, I really thought that I'm a forgiveful person but actually I'm not. Until recently, I just discovered the fact of what forgiving really means. (OMG...I'm already 42 years and just discovered this fact, what am I thinking....obviously learning this skill is not overnight!) Forgiving doesn't mean you forget the whole event, that is called avoiding the issue. The real forgiveness means you still remember the event once in a while but it doesn't hurt you anymore when you think about it! (Hmmm...I used to cry a lot when remembering it b'cos, ouch..it hurts!) I think it is called the art of letting go...

I really feel good about myself now since I do not have any grudges over anybody. It doesn't matter anymore if that person/people changed or otherwise. Or they realized what they have done to us or not. Let him/her deal with it themselves. Don't lose your sleep over them. It doesn't mean that you have to be nice to them. Just be nice to everybody sincerely, not pretending. Get over it and move on honey!

Just my 1 cent worth of experience....

Firman Allah yang bermaksud: “Dan jika kamu memberi maaf, maka itu lebih dekat kepada takwa.” (Surah al-Baqarah, ayat 237)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails